.

Major Problems on Penn Line Friday Morning

Train traffic stopped on the rail line due to electrical problems that led to a disabled train just north of BWI Airport. Amtrak service was also disrupted.

MARC commuters have had a tough time Friday morning as electrical problems have stalled all traffic along the Penn Line. 

The problems began shortly after 7:30 a.m. when a train broke down just north of BWI Airport due to a pantograph malfunction, according to alerts sent to MARC riders. 

Amtrak also reported power problems causing a cessation of service between Baltimore and Washington, DC. Amtrak warned of delays between one and three hours. 

As of 10 a.m., the train still had not moved though a rescue locomotive had been dispatched to the area. 

MARC has urged riders to find alternative forms of transportation, and Metro is honoring MARC tickets.  

One to three inches of snow is forecasted to hit the Baltimore-Washington area Friday afternoon.

Sean Tully January 26, 2013 at 06:12 AM
MARC is great 90% of the time. The other 10%, it isn't so good. My rule of thumb is that if I absolutely must be someplace on time, no if's-and's-or but's, than I don't take MARC. That will be the day something like this happens.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »